Yes; there is nothing stopping you from serving a claim on a friend or family member for unpaid monies.

However, you may want to think hard about whether this a different way to solve the issue; going to court can be tough and you may not want to jeopardise a personal relationship if you can find a better way to sort things out.

Share Article

Go direct, improve your chances and save cost through Small Claims Portal today

  • Go direct to save on solicitors’ fees
  • We’ll find the right Barrister for you
  • 1000+ Barristers: all direct access specialists
  • Save up to 42% with fixed costs