The short answer is anything assuming it falls into the small claims criteria (in terms of value and complexity – see ‘What are small claims?' and 'Allocation outside the small claims court') and is not specifically excluded e.g. claims for harassment or unlawful eviction, in both cases relating to residential premises.

You should be aware that ultimately it is the court’s decision as to whether:

  1. You have a claim that can be determined through the court; and
  2. Whether your case will be allocated to the small claims court.

Share Article

Go direct, improve your chances and save cost through Small Claims Portal today

  • Go direct to save on solicitors’ fees
  • We’ll find the right Barrister for you
  • 1000+ Barristers: all direct access specialists
  • Save up to 42% with fixed costs